Invest in Italy
Operation details and prerequisites.
Amounts and terms
1) Visa for investors and donors
The investment shall involve:
- projects and initiatives in the fields of culture, education, immigration management, research, restoration of cultural heritage and landscape,
- Government bonds
The law envisages three investment opportunities:
An investment of at least one million euros in the capital of an Italian company, at least five hundred thousand euros in an innovative start up (purchase 100% of the capital or purchase of shares/stocks from the company or from individual shareholders)
A donation of at least one million euros in projects and initiatives in the fields of culture, education, immigration management, research, restoration of cultural heritage and landscape. Projects and initiatives must have a public interest
An investment of at least two million euros in Italian Government bonds.
The investment must be kept for at least two years.
A total amount of one million euros as provided by law is the minimum amount and is intended to be the net amount after expenses for the notary act stipulation, registration fees to the program and all traveling and accommodation expenses which are totally charge on the donor, or the donee if so agreed. It can include, instead, professional fees related to the project development of the operations financed.
- must demonstrate that he/she has the amount for investment and that this amount has a lawful origin, and it is available and transferable to Italy;
- must declare of having used the amount for an investment or a donation within three months from the date of entry in Italy;
- must demonstrate to have the economic resources for financial self-supporting during his/her stay in Italy.
2) Visa for self-employment – business owner
Entrepreneurs intending to buy a farm or a company in Italy.Read more…